Thursday, March 01, 2007

inspiration


Yesterday, a photographer came into work to show her book. Her name was Virginia. She was a fellow pommie. Her work was great and I felt really inspired. I also felt an age old pull to photography. I wish I'd been a photographer, actually I'd still like to be one. My affinity with the medium is greater than my love of design.

Her work covered lots of people shots: kids, neighbours, teenagers. It used impromtu set-ups, captured spontaneous moments and used available light. Alot like the shots I have taken. For a moment I felt like I could actually make a career of it, seeing the similarities in her work and mine, I didn't feel like such a leap.

At the end she laid out her business cards on the table. There were many to choose from and it felt a bit like a test to see which one you'd pick. I picked "the kiss", it spoke to me the most, which incidently, is the one Virginia selected for the homepage of her website. Another parallel.

Still inspired, I'm looking into photography short courses.

Check her stuff, its great.
Virginia Woods-Jack Photography

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home