Wednesday, April 22, 2009

birthday

Work has been pretty frantic lately but we are grateful to be busy. I must get at least 5 CVs a week from graphic designers looking for work plus the usual misspelt, badly laid out attempts from graduates. Unfortunately, we are unable to help any of them.

It's been so busy that I only realised it was my birthday at about 11pm the night before. Is this how it goes? I'm not one to obsess about a birthday and what the next year holds and all that navel gazing stuff but this one almost missed me completely.

When it came it just seemed like any other day. Most of the day I didn't even remember except when the physio wished me happy birthday and then gave me a present of another cast on my hand. (I broke my arm again back it Feb, now I've got De Quervains Tenosynovitis - google that one!)

Anyway, its gone now for another year so that was easy. Hopefully next year our graphic design agency will have grown enough for me to take the day off and will have earned enough for me to buy that Joe Satriani signature model guitar: the black dog which I have coveted since I was 16.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home