Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Stupid Stupid Stupid

I was already late and although I was right outside the offices of a client, I couldn't find a parking space anywhere.

"Stuff it", I thought, and swung into a scabby looking Wilson carpark. Not their usual city standard. Unmanned, no cctv and no barriers, just an dim underground area with about 50 spaces.

I parked up and in the dimness I grabbed my stuff then hurried off to the meeting.

Hours later, I returned to find I hadn't quite grabbed all my stuff - but somebody else just had.

As I turned the corner to see the boot of the car open, my brain immediately made the connection and told me what I'd missed. Sheepishly, I reached down to my pocket hoped to feel the contour of my black iPod under my fingers. Nothing.

As it was so dark and the mp3 player was black (yep, past tense) my eyes didnt register it as I scanned the car before leaving. However, someone who had obviously been looking carefully in to cars in the carpark with a torch had spotted it and it was fair game.

They'd drilled the lock through and helped themselves. Although I shuddered when I thought about the loss of all the extra songs I'd collected up from offices I'd contracted in over the last 3 years, I had absolutely no sympathy for myself.

Leave stuff in your vehicle and it will be stolen: fact.

After 9 years of living in London, nobody know this better than me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home